Our Home-School Agreement outlines the aims of the school and what we hope you will aspire to as a family and as a student.
As a school we will:
- Care for each child’s safety, welfare and happiness
- Provide each child with a stimulating environment and good quality care and teaching
- Encourage children to do their best and celebrate achievement
- Encourage children to respect each other and their environment
- Welcome children, parents/carers and professionals into the school
- Be considerate in our planning towards the additional demands upon working parents/carers
- To provide clear lines of communication with the parents/carers and all key professional involved with the child
- Keep parents/carers and professionals informed of the child’s progress
- Inform parents/carers of any concerns which might affect their child’s work, behaviour and any incidents
As a family we will:
- Make sure that my/our child arrives at school on time
- Ensure that my/our child is well enough to attend school
- Attend meetings to discuss my/our child’s progress
- Inform the school of any circumstances likely to affect my/our child in school
- Ensure that my/our child comes to school with the necessary equipment for the school which is appropriately marked with my/our child’s name
- Make sure that there is always a named adult available if my child needs to return home
- Read information sent to me by the school and respond to reasonable requests
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour
- I have read and understand the school’s policy on Holding, Physical management and Restraint policy and support the school in this, when used appropriately
- Support and engage with the school’s approach towards multi-disciplinary working if this intervention is thought to be in the best interest of my/our child
- Ensure that my/our child attends school regularly and provide a note of absence if my/our child is absent.
As a student I will:
I will try my very best to keep the rules shown below:
Within This School All People Will Be Treated Fairly
All people have the right to be treated with respect, this includes not being sworn or shouted at
All people have the right to work and to learn.
All people have the right to be free from harassment because of their race, colour, or sex.
All people have the right to receive help with their problems.
All people have the right to be free from bullying.
All people have the right to be listened to and have what they say taken seriously.
All people have the right to be cared for.
All people have the right to be happy
Our School Values
- That learning is an enjoyable, lifelong process through which everyone can achieve their potential and exceed their expectations
- That teaching and learning should be engaging and enjoyable
- That all individuals have self-worth, dignity and rights, and can excel when their unique needs are recognised
- In cultural diversity that embraces individuals and promotes community spirit
- In personal responsibility, adhering to the agreed rules and respect for others
- That effective teamwork and partnership with parents and carers is key to success.
Together we will:
- Build a happy school
- Promote the school’s values
- Value and encourage positive behaviour
- Support each child’s learning and help them to achieve their potential
- Achieve positive outcomes for all our children and families